Monday, February 25, 2013

Massive revision done for my upcoming adult fantasy/thriller

It took a few weeks (I actually lost count) but I've managed a full rewrite/revision of my novel. Right now, it sits at 90k words. This is actually going to be a sort of short blog posting, since I don't have much to say. I've decided I'll try and chronicle things as I go, so maybe this one is more for me.

Instead of leaving most everyone alive, I actually fused two chapters, killed off an entire city, and did massive overhauls on Ana's character.

I've cut Dahlia's 'life span' from four months to four weeks.

What do people think of 'and'. I know if it's used too much, it becomes repeditive, but sometimes it can't be helped. I've done a lot of restructuring, but cutting it out entirely isn't a great option either. Is it just one of those words most people don't worry about, or do you strive to get rid of as many as possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment